Feature request: Credit card "trail"

mfiorentino
mfiorentino
Community Member

Hello there!

I have recently had a credit card which was used for fraud. Some hackers must have gotten the details from a data breach or the like. Nevertheless, I now have to update all of my online accounts with my new credit card details. Then I got to think: What if 1Password was able to create a "stamp" every time I use the app for filling out my credit card details in a web store/on an account page? Then I would have a "trail" where I could review where I have used my card for troubleshooting. Since I have different cards on different online accounts (personal/business/family) this would be a very nice feature to have.

Cheers,
Massimo

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

You could use the in built tagging system or add notes to the credit cards as and when you sign up?

• Budgieee
    Budgieee
    Community Member

@Zaka_7 Let's be honest who would really have the time to do that?

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

@Budgieee It would take about 5 seconds each time you did it...

• I personally utilize tags for this. I tag each item that has my credit card data used/stored with a tag associated with that card (e.g. AMEX 0201) so at a quick glance I can see all of the places I've used that card.

Ben

• mfiorentino
    mfiorentino
    Community Member

Good idea, and certainly something I will start doing. But it could be nice if this was automated… ;-)

• Im glad you received a few ideas from your topic. I also use the same approach for sites that only allow two-factor authentication via sms. So if I ever should decide to change my number its ease to see who has that number, and needs it updated first. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.