hi - for sites where I can't store the password direct, is there somewhere to store a secure note?

We use & love 1password. There are some sites that we can't get to use 1password (apple, our banking system where it needs a physical/yodlee token to be entered.

Is there some way to store/write down the password in 1password, even if it is isn't used directly to log in to a site. There seems to be something called securenote but I can't find out anything about.

1Password Version: don't know, can't find -
Extension Version: don't know, can't find.
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: don't know what this means
Referrer: forum-search:hi - for sites where we can't store passwords direct is there a way to do a secure note in 1passwo?

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @timbenno.

Absolutely! Secure Notes allow you to safely save sensitive information. I'm not a 1Pass team member, but creating a secure note is pretty simple. You just need to:

1. Log in to your 1Password app or 1Password extension
    2. Click on the "+" (New Item) and from the drop-down menu, choose "Secure Note"

Another option would be to use custom fields for information that does not fit the usual username and password scheme (security questions, pins, etc). You can read more about custom fields on this page.

Hope that helps :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, you can store information in 1Password in a number of ways. It's just up to you. The only constraint to keep in mind is that if you want 1Password to be able to fill the information for you, it will need to be a Login, Credit Card, or Identity item (in order to fill login credentials, payment details, or address information respectively). Otherwise how you organize things is up to you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.