Firefox extension not responding

Options
DoNotStaple
DoNotStaple
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Mac

When I go into Firefox and go to a website to login, I click the 1Password extension and nothing happens. Same with the 1PW Mini icon. I forgot to say that this is intermittent but is becoming about 50% of the time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 1PW extension 5-times and the problem continues. Very irritating.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple: Does the keyboard shortcut -- ⌘ \ -- work? Does the stable version of 1Password for Mac work better for you? Maybe there's been a regression.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    yes, command \ works for me. I'm not sure I understand your part about "stable version of 1Password for Mac", I just assume that I have a stable version on my computer. Do you mean uninstall and reinstall 1Password application?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple: Thanks for letting me know! You listed your version as "7.3.3.BETA-0". Is that not correct? What browser version are you using?

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Firefox 68.0.1 (64Bit)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple: Thanks. Are you having the same problem in other browsers?

Did you try the stable version of 1Password for Mac like I suggested? You can get it here:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I'm not seeing any trouble in Firefox, so I can't confirm one way or the other if it's something with the 1Password beta or not. If you're having the same issue with the stable version, we know it's something besides the beta and can go from there to narrow down what's going wrong on your system.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty

I don't know if I'm having the same problem in other browsers because I use only Firefox, period. I did try the stable version from your reply but it made the 1PW icon problem worse. The 1PW Icon up in the menu bar is greyed out completely and will not activate a click. I took a screenshot of it and I will see if I can figure how to attach it to one of these posts. I am now back to the lateset 1PW beta update and everything is working fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple: I really appreciate you checking. That means it's something with your setup, especially since the icon is greyed out completely: something is interfering with the connection. If you have further trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#CLV-24179-284]

If you’re reading this and you are not DoNotStaple, this Support ID is for DoNotStaple only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: CLV-24179-284

This discussion has been closed.