access via 1password

Options
apyo
apyo
Community Member

my iphone was stolen and remote erase is pending.

2 things

1) i'd like to change my master password, but when i go to the website it's also asking for a secret key.

2) i'd like to use 1password on my ipad, but it's asking for a secret key and i don't know what that is

when i go to "trouble signing in" it sends an email that says "no account associated with this email", but that is my primary email and the one that my license info was sent to when purchased.

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @apyo

I'm sorry to hear about your iPhone. I'd be happy to help with these questions.

when i go to "trouble signing in" it sends an email that says "no account associated with this email", but that is my primary email and the one that my license info was sent to when purchased.

Accounts on 1Password.com are associated with 1Password membership subscriptions. Folks with licenses for the 1Password apps, but without a membership, will not have an account with us. This is called using 1Password "standalone" (sans-membership).

i'd like to change my master password, but when i go to the website it's also asking for a secret key.

You cannot change your Master Password on a standalone vault without access to the device that vault is stored on. If you are concerned that your Master Password may not have been secure the best course of action would be to change the passwords for each of your accounts, starting with the most critical (e.g. banks, email, government agencies, etc).

2) i'd like to use 1password on my ipad, but it's asking for a secret key and i don't know what that is

How were you syncing your 1Password data prior to losing access to the iPhone? You'd need to select that same sync option from the welcome screen in 1Password on the iPad (e.g. Dropbox). You may need to scroll down to see all of the available options. Without a membership we do not store your encrypted 1Password data, and as such you would not have a Secret Key.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.