How to upgrade to 1Password 7 without buying a new license

I have been using 1Password for years. Recently, I added another machine but found that I could only do so by installing 1Password 7, which I did through the App Store. Now I'm stuck in a weird hybrid situation and things are not working.

I have tried using 1Password 7 on my existing machine but I cannot add new items, it doesn't ask me if I want to save when creating a new account in Safari, and there is no way to autofill username and password in Safari.

I went back to my old version of 1Password (version 4) but I can no longer get the Safari Extension to load.

I just want to continue using this product that has worked so well for me for years. I do not intend to get a subscription or sync to your cloud site. I want to continue using my private vault. But I also want 1Password to work as it did before - enable me to add new items, ask me if I want to save a password when creating a new item, and autofill when I'm logging into an account using Safari.

Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @tdhop

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I do not intend to get a subscription or sync to your cloud site.

What is your hesitation for doing so? We'd be happy to discuss. Thanks!

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file