To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Seeking family license info

Avi_Lewis
Avi_Lewis
Community Member

Hi there,
My partner and I both have 1Password licenses, on Mac and iOS, going back many years/versions. I believe I bought a family license at one point as well, which may be active for 1Password 6 (don't know how to check.)

I recently bought 1Password 7 in the App Store when I got a new computer, but I haven't migrated yet - I think it makes more sense to upgrade to a family membership. What would be the right way to upgrade/convert?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Avi_Lewis: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry for the confusion. For a variety of reasons, 1Password 7 cannot be "bought" from the App Store. We also stopped offering "family" licenses years ago because of the confusion that caused (people expected that to cover all of their devices, when it just isn't possible for us to sell apps which are only available in the app store directly ourselves). But with the introduction of 1Password Families memberships more recently, we've got a much better solution for our families (including mine!):

• All apps included — so we're not paying for licenses for various platforms
    • All updates included — no additional purchase for a new major version, such as 7.0, 8.0, etc.
    • The whole family — no separate purchases for family members, as 5 are included in the base price
    • Time is money — whether family members setting things up themselves (which is much easier with a 1Password.com account: they just sign in on each device to access their data) or me helping them, there's just a lot less friction involved
    • Automatic offsite backup and item history
    • Easy, secure sharing between family members
    • Family Organizers can perform account recovery for other family members if they forget their Master Password or other account credentials

It's made my job a lot easier, as far as getting my loved ones to stay safe online, and I'm sure it can do the same for you. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Avi_Lewis
    Avi_Lewis
    Community Member

Thanks Brent! This clarifies a lot - I realize I must have just downloaded 1Password 7, but not activated it with a subscription. I will do so now! Many thanks again.

• Avi_Lewis
    Avi_Lewis
    Community Member

*brenty.
    :)
    you must get that a lot.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome @Avi_Lewis! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.