1PW family account member - can only use old password in iOS, works fine elsewhere

Options
grizfan93
grizfan93
Community Member

hi,

I'm helping my son with his 1Password app on his iPhone. A while back, we switched over to the subscription plan. previously, he'd been using the iCloud sync version. On his Macbook, he can log in fine to the MacOS app, the Safari extension, and the web interface. But, using the iOS app, he's not able to login using the same password that works on his Mac.
The iOS app shows the right account (our family plan account) and recognizes the email he uses for accessing our family account. When he tries an older password, he gets a "sign in error" screen, showing his name, the URL of our 1PW family account, his email, his secret key, and a prompt to enter his master password, with a sign-in button at the bottom of the screen. he tries his current password, but that doesn't work.

and advice on how to geet his iOS app working again? All is well on his Mac, he's just unable to login to his iPhone's 1Password app.

thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4
Sync Type: 1password.com account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grizfan93!

But, using the iOS app, he's not able to login using the same password that works on his Mac.

I think that this is because he is still has the old vault on his Mac, and that's why he is able to login with the old password there. Does he perhaps still have the old Primary vault in his 1Password for Mac app?

This discussion has been closed.