Bug Report: 1P Mini opening

codeknight
codeknight
Community Member

This is going to be difficult to track down as it's intermittent and I can't replicate it, but it's happened enough times for it to be worth reporting and looking into.

When I'm signing into a website in Chrome, and I use the keyboard shortcut to auto fill the password, it opens the password box. When I then press enter on the highlighted matching account to get it to autofill that site, instead of auto filling, it closes that box, and opens the 1Password mini box in the bar at the top of the OS with nothing selected. If I close that and repeat exactly the same thing, it will auto-fill the site as expected.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @codeknight!

I cannot replicate this issue here, and I agree with you that this is going to be difficult to track down if we cannot find a way to reproduce this consistently. Can you please confirm what version of Chrome this is happening with, just so we have all the information?

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@codeknight: That is really odd. Even if it doesn't happen consistently, is it happening every day, or even more frequently than that? if so, I wonder if you'd see any change with the beta. Would you be willing to give that a try?

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

Sure thing - I've just enabled beta 7.3.3. Is there any kind of log file I can give you that might help? It's happening a couple of times a day, maybe 1 in 10 times?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@codeknight: If it happens again with the beta, please generate a diagnostics report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

If you can make a screen recording, that would be great too. Just send it to support@1password.com and let me know the Support ID you receive. :)

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member

It looks like perhaps the beta is going to fix this; in the release branch, the window that comes up with passwords when you press the keyboard shortcut is separate and near the mouse cursor. In the beta, pressing the keyboard shortcut just opens the menu bar icon; is that right?

• goosta
    goosta
    Community Member

I am having this same issue but without using the keyboard shortcut. After clicking the browser extension icon, it shows the suggested site and I click the AutoFill button. It then opens the mini window with nothing selected. I can't get it to work, even if I try multiple times, so I just end up copy/pasting the password. It's very frustrating! I've experienced this on a variety of sites - sometimes it works, sometimes not. This issue cropped up for me with the release prior to the most recent. When I saw the recent update, I hoped it would fix the issue, but it only got worse unfortunately.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @goosta,

Based on codeknight's comments on the beta I wonder how you might feel about trying the beta out and seeing if it helps. I completely understand if you don't want to, that is every person's prerogative and many simply don't want to deal with the extra work that can potentially accompany beta testing. We will always respect the user's choice in this matter.

If it is something you might like to try then the following should get you set up. It does assume the 1Password for Mac downloaded directly from our site. See below if you happen to be running the Mac App Store version.

1. In 1Password for Mac access 1Password's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Updates tab.
    3. Tick the checkbox titled Include beta builds and click the Check Now button.
    4. Follow the normal update prompts to start using the beta.

If you have the Mac App Store version installed it will take a slightly different set of steps.

1. If 1Password is currently running hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit any open browsers.
    3. Drag the 1Password application bundle from the /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    4. Download the 1Password beta using this 1Password 7 beta for Mac link, the same on as on our "Downloads - 1Password" page.
    5. Install and launch.

If you would rather not try the beta then hopefully codeknight's comments will still apply once the next stable release is available and that it will be the end of your troubles too.

This discussion has been closed.