Default Setting to Copy Website Not Open and Fill

Hello,

I would like to request the ability to have a setting to change the default option for websites to copy the URL/IP address and not Open and Fill.

I imagine a lot of people use the Open and fill option, but for others, like myself, who only use copy it is a hassle. Therefore a setting that could change the default to copy, would be a great improvement.

I believe this would be helpful for macOS, Windows, and iOS (I use all three on a daily basis).

Thanks,
Josh

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10 1803 Enterprise
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

Thanks for the feedback, @jcsully217! I also don't use open and fill much, so I feel ya there, though I haven't personally changed my habits away from using my normal bookmarks so this isn't something I've noticed much. It's easier for me to open a website as I always have and Ctrl + \ to fill. For what it might be worth, you can right-click and select copy on Windows (a bit smoother to my mind than using the dropdown option) and you can long press and select "open in Safari" on iOS which will open, but won't fill. I'm not aware of any similar equivalents on Mac, but I'm also not the best Mac resource in the world as I spend most of my time on Windows. Regardless, I hope these help to improve your experience for now and I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the team. :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file