delete account

I have an account key; I cannot log into my account either online via safari or into the iPassword app on my MacBook Air b/c my master password is not being accepted. If I delete my account, will my account key be no longer valid? My contact info and other associated info will no longer be available to agile bits? please advise how I can get restarted with my account key? Do you need my account key to respond/advise?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to reset master password

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @jm200p

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. If you've forgotten your Master Password I'd recommend reviewing this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I'm not sure what you mean by an 'account key' (we don't use that term) but if you have a 1Password membership account and would like to delete it you can do that by following the prompts here:

https://my.1password.com/support

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• jm200pjm200p
    edited August 12

on my iPassword Emergency Kit there are four fields:
    sign-in address: https://my.1password.com
    Master Password: blank field

perhaps account key is the "secret key"?

But I feel that my query is still not answered even with the link you provided. Please respond directly to my query:

If I delete my account, will my account key be no longer valid? My contact info and other associated info will no longer be available to agile bits? please advise how I can get restarted with my account key? Do you need my account key to respond/advise?

TIA
    Jurij

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jm200p: Do not share your account credentials with anyone. Sorry for the confusion there though. For a short time when we first introduced 1Password memberships, what is now called the Secret Key was called the "Account Key", years ago.

If I delete my account, will my account key be no longer valid?

Yes. If you delete your account, it will cease to exist. The Account Key/Secret Key and Master Password will not be relevant, as they would be for data in the account, which was deleted. It's like having a key to a house that was demolished.

On the other hand, if you still have an account (i.e. you did not yet delete it) but do not have all the credentials needed to access it, it will be useless to you. In that case, you could setup a new account, but you would then have a new Secret Key (F.K.A. Account Key), since that is randomly generated on your device during account creation. The old "Account Key" will not be relevant to a new account, only the old one.

Is your 1Password data accessible to you on any of your devices? If so, it would be helpful to know the information you left out of you original post: the OS, 1Password, and extension versions you're using there. Let me know either way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file