Disable 1password extension on specific domains

Hi,

I would like to disable the 1password extension on specific domains. I don't want to the javascript to run at all (i.e., not just configure it to not save passwords for specific sites).

How do I do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hey there @jabalsad! Welcome to the forum. :chuffed:

While we don't currently have a way to disable 1Password X on specific domains (aside from disabling it yourself when you visit the domain), I'm curious to learn more about what you're wanting to accomplish by disabling 1Password X. Is it interrupting your workflow while it's enabled? If so, that's definitely something we want to know about so we can work on improving the experience.

If you could describe your use case in detail, then perhaps I can help you accomplish something similar in a different way. If not, I'm happy to bring up your request to my team so we can discuss it together. Let me know!

ref: x/b5x#161

• Hi. Yes, there's a variety of situations it breaks or interrupts my workflow:

1. On some websites, it breaks original functionality on the website when/if 1password loads. The only way to use this website is to go into my chrome settings, disable the extension for the entire browser, reload the website, use the website, remember to turn 1password back on when I'm done with the website (it should be obvious how incredibly frustrating this is).

2. On some websites, it loads in text input boxes that are not password or login related. (this is just an annoyance, but doesn't prevent me from doing anything)

3. On development of websites (i'm a software engineer), it loads when I'm busy doing testing. It sometimes result in javascript errors, or even just rendering the 1password icon in the input box when I don't want it to because I'm trying to take screenshots.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jabalsad: For #1, it would be better to know what the URLs are so we can investigate. It's not really going to scale well for users to have to know to disable 1Password on specific sites manually if it's causing trouble. I'd rather we investigate to see what we can do to help avoid that in the first place. ;) Same with #2: that seems like a solvable problem, and there would be less burden on the user if we're able to have 1Password not show up where it doesn't belong. But I can certainly see how for #3 it could be useful in some cases to be able to disable 1Password on a site if possible, though the browser lets you disable any extension on demand as well. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• jabalsadjabalsad
    edited August 15

That's a really non-customer focused answer. For me to wait for you to fix (#1) and to continuously report (#1) when it happens AGAIN and AGAIN is a burden and a pain on me. You need to learn something about being a bit more customer focused and giving your customers the features they are asking for (I see this thread many times on this forum).

If that's your attitude (towards a paying customer), I might consider switching to alternative provider that actually gives me the features I'm looking for.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jabalsad: I'm sorry you feel that way. But in reality, you're the only one who knows the specifics at this point, so without getting that information from you the only thing we can do is keep trying to make general improvements to 1Password. I'll be more than happy to investigate to help with the actual issues you're having, which would benefit you, the customer, much more than it would benefit me, and has the potential of helping others encountering the same or similar problem. But I do need more information to be able to do that. It's not feasible for us to add features on demand, as that requires development and testing, nor is it reasonable for us to make changes blindly without understanding the "why" behind them. I'm sorry that's not the answer you were hoping for, but I'll be happy to help if you'll give me the details.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file