I use 1password old version, for mac. Now I downloaded new version from app store. This is ok?

Until now I used the old version of the program. Today I downloaded the latest version of 1password7 on the appstore. Will I pay for two programs? Did I do it right or should I download software from your site and cancel subscriptions in the App Store? Please advise

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:old version 1password upgrade to 1password 7

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited August 14

Hi @Greg_Kowalsky

Thanks for your interest in upgrading to 1Password 7. Licenses generally do not include major upgrades (e.g. 1Password 6 -> 1Password 7). 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you'd prefer to move forward with a license that would require downloading 1Password for Mac from our website. The version in the Mac App Store is subscription-only.

Download for Mac

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file