autofill from link in 1password

Options

I'm a new company admin and have not really used 1password much. I have an employee who is trying to access a site that is in the team vault, but when he clicks the link, it won't automatically sign him in to the site. He also does not have access to see the password. How do I set up a link to automatically log in to a website?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dbohman! If your employee doesn't have access to the password, they should still be able to autofill either via the inline menu or the 1Password X popup. I'll show you how to do both – feel free to forward this page onto him and have him try it out.

Filling from the inline menu

The inline menu appears directly underneath fields as long as you have a Login stored that matches the URL you're currently visiting.

Here's an example of the inline menu on www.twitter.com:

Clicking where the arrow is pointing results in 1Password filling the fields with the credentials stored inside the selected Login item.

Filling from the popup

Alternatively, you can fill from the 1Password X popup. I personally prefer the inline menu since it's right where I'm already looking, but if the inline menu doesn't appear for some reason, you may need to resort to filling from the popup.

To open the popup, click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar. Here's an example of what you'd see while visiting www.twitter.com as long as you have a Login stored that matches the URL you're currently visiting.

Clicking the Autofill button will get you the same results as you would if you use the inline menu – the fields are filled with the credentials stored inside the selected Login item.

That pretty much wraps up the filling aspect of things. My guess is that the employee is clicking the link inside the item rather than the Autofill button, which will open the link but won't fill the credentials. Please have them give these steps a try and let me know how it works out!

This discussion has been closed.