I would like to move my password repository from dropbox to iCloud. Is this possible?

Options

I have a windows 10 system, iPad PRO 2018 and a iPhone X. The iPad and iPhone are both running iOS 12.4. I am currently using Dropbox to store the 1passwod data. I would like to start using iCloud instead. What would it take to migrate the data from Dropbox to iCloud?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I would like to move my password repository from dropbox to iCloud. Is this possible?

Comments

• hex40
    hex40
    Community Member
    Options

1Password version for iPad and iPhone is 7.3.5. Windows 10 system is running 1Password version 4. Version 1.0.9.342

• 1Password for Windows isn't able to sync with iCloud, @hex40. On Apple devices, we use CloudKit to facilitate iCloud sync and that's a feature of iCloud that simply isn't available on Windows with iCloud Drive.

Based on the version number you shared, you're actually running 1Password 1! Super old school. 😎 If you're looking for a simpler way to sync, I'd strongly suggest taking a look at 1Password 7 and 1Password memberships. 1Password 1 hasn't been updated in quite a long time and it's always best to use the latest version of apps. A 1Password membership would both allow you to keep up-to-date without having to purchase new apps and give you access to automatic sync via our hosted service allowing you to move away from Dropbox, if you'd like. :+1:

• hex40
    hex40
    Community Member
    Options

How would I move the Dropbox repository to the automated sync via your hosted service?

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hex40, we're happy to help you move to a 1Password account! Everything you need to know is in our migration guide here.

I'd recommend choosing your main device for the migration (i.e. following the steps under Migrate your data on your main device in the guide above) as either your iPad or iPhone. That way, you can get a fresh start with 1Password 7 on your Windows device.

Let us know if we can help more along the way. :)

Cheers,
    Henry

This discussion has been closed.