1Password extension (desktop app required) - not working with Chrome

Options
brianc
brianc
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password Version 7.3.684
Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1Password extension Version 4.7.5.90

Since upgrading with an annual subscription to 1Password 7, I have used this browser extension successfully for the last 4 months.
Today the extension states (1Password extension (desktop app required).
I can no longer activate the shortcut [ Ctrl ] + [ \ ] to autofill passwords nor click on the browser extension icon.

I have tried the following without success:

• restarting the computer
  • removing and reinstalling the Chrome extension

What should my next steps be?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @brianc! Thanks for reaching out. :smile: Since this was seemingly a sudden change for you, there are two things I'm wondering right off the bat:

1. Does Chrome have any pending updates in the background? You can check for updates following the steps on this page: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414
    2. Have you recently installed any new software (e.g., antivirus) on your machine that might be causing trouble here?
  • brianc
    brianc
    Community Member
    Options

OK thank you. I've had a look at both.

1. I have checked Chrome which states: Google Chrome is up to date - Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    2. Re antivirus, there is Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 6.6.12.170. This has been installed for quite some time and used successfully with the Chrome Extension in the past. Otherwise there has not been new software installed that I am aware of.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brianc:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please send us a diagnostics report from this device to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• brianc
    brianc
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. The ticket number is [#JMI-28695-816]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: JMI-28695-816

This discussion has been closed.