Inconsistent fill of login credentials

Options
grovepasser
grovepasser
Community Member

Having a problem where filling of login credentials is very erratic. The browser (Safari) correctly opens the login page but the user name and password fields do not always fill in. Hard to put a measure on this but it appears to happen about 20% of the time (very random). I have tried both Open In New Tab and Open In Current tab and results are still inconsistent.

I am running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 with supplemental update and 1Password 7 Ver 7.3.2.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grovepasser - I'm sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, if this is intermittent or inconsistent-seeming behavior, then the best way to get a handle on it is going to be some closer observation. Does it happen only on certain Login items? Only in certain system states (like right after opening 1Password or only when it's been running for hours or days)? The next time you experience this behavior, take note of the circumstances: what browser are you using? If you try another browser with the same item, does it happen there as well? What specific URL/Login item is the problem occurring with? If you try a different item for a different website immediately afterwards, does it happen on that one also, or does that one work properly? Let us know what you discover.

• grovepasser
    grovepasser
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, thanks for your info. For some reason which I do not understand, the credentials are now being filled in and 1Password is working correctly. The only change that has happened is that my iMac Restarted while in sleep mode last night and when I hit a key to awake from sleep this morning, the login screen was present. Perhaps this Restart has solved my 1Password problem. For now, everything seems to be OK. The Restart during sleep must be some Mojave problem - wish I know the cause. Thanks for you help.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grovepasser, glad to hear things are working better now after a restart. If you notice the issue occurring again in the future, let us know (including, as Lars mentioned, any specifics on when filling seems to not work) and we'll be here to troubleshoot more.

Thanks for using 1Password :)

Cheers,
    Henry

This discussion has been closed.