Are there any resources for advising on offboarding of 1Password team members?
Our policy here is to transition the accounts on third-party resources of employees on their final day, and operations staff are responsible for ensuring accounts have passwords changed, are deleted (if possible) or made dormant, and any process or resource ownership is transitioned to another team member.
An administrative user
- creates a new temporary vault that can be written to by the departing user and the admin user
then, sitting with the departing team member, an administrative user
- ensures the user removes any personal/non-business entries stored in the "Private" vault
- moves all other entries into the temporary vault
- goes through the entries in the vault and checking that the user does not have 2FA enabled with personal phone/apps - and switching if so
then the administrative user
- removes the departing member's access to the temporary vault
- suspends the user
- moves the content of the temporary vault to a "Former Team Members" vault available to appropriate admins
- deletes the temporary vault
- generates a usage report
- goes through the usage report to identify shared passwords that should be changed.
(for this purpose it would be good if the usage reports indicated if the password had changed since the last time a user accessed it.)
This is then followed by the long process of going through each account and ensuring it can be closed without business disruption.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided