Help with multiple Windows 10 accounts question

dfuerpo
dfuerpo
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have seen a couple mentions of this problem here but I'm still not sure how to fix this. After using 1Password on several Macs, I found I needed to use a Windows 10 laptop. I successfully installed 1Password in the default administrative account first created by Windows. The program worked well. I then set up a second normal (non-administrator) account for routine use. I found that I couldn't locate the 1Password program when logged into that account. Other posts here (e.g. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91861/1password-7-for-windows-how-to-install-for-all-users) have implied that the program has to be installed for each user.

So, do I need to uninstall the admin account instance, or should I just install a second instance of 1Password under the non-admin account?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dfuerpo!

So, do I need to uninstall the admin account instance, or should I just install a second instance of 1Password under the non-admin account?

It's up to you: it depends on where you want to use 1Password.

If you want to use 1Password in both the admin account and the non-admin account, you will need to install a second instance of the app in your non-admin account. If, on the other hand, you want to only use 1Password in your non-admin account, you can uninstall it from your admin account and just install it in your non-admin account.

• dfuerpo
    dfuerpo
    Community Member

Thanks. I'll need it in both accounts. I'll install in the non-admin account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dfuerpo, you are very welcome! Sounds good.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.