password not working with browser extension

Options
avetjx
avetjx
Community Member

have desktop max version 7.3.2 and today (for the first time), my master password is not working with either chrome or firefox browser extension. can log in fine to the desktop app with same pw. uninstalled and reinstalled both browser extensions and rebooted. no joy. thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @avetjx

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd be happy to help. Could you please answer two questions for me?

1. Do you have the 1Password X browser extension installed in either/both Firefox/Chrome?
    2. Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Thanks!

Ben

• avetjx
    avetjx
    Community Member
    Options

just installed the password x extension. asks me to sign into account. don't have access to my secret key. don't see emergency kit file.

• Ben
    Options

@avetjx

If you are signed into your 1Password account in 1Password for Mac you can find your Secret Key in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts from within the 1Password for Mac app. You'll also need your 1Password account Master Password. This may be different from the Master Password you use to unlock 1Password for Mac. Again, if you are signed into your account there, you can find your Master Password on a Login item for 1Password.com in your Personal/Private vault.

The difficulties you're experiencing stem from having a 1Password account, but having kept a "standalone" vault called "Primary" around. Part of the migration steps when upgrading to membership include deleting this Primary vault. Once you find your account credentials we can help you complete that step to avoid these sorts of difficulties going forward.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• avetjx
    avetjx
    Community Member
    Options

apparently i am not logged into my 1password account in the app and it asks that I login which takes me to a page that requires my secret key to login.

• Ben
    Options

@avetjx

Do you have more than one Mac? If so, is the other Mac signed into your account? If not I'd suggest deleting your account and signing up fresh. If you go that route you can delete your account following the prompts here. Then you can follow the guide here to get started again:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please be sure to print your Emergency Kit when signing up.

Ben

• avetjx
    avetjx
    Community Member
    Options

i only have one mac but i have an iphone and ipad that I'm also using. obviously want to make sure I am not deleting all my entries (there are a lot).

• Ben
    Options

@avetjx

If you see your entries on your devices, and your devices are not currently signed into your account, then deleting your account will not affect those entries.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.