Can't replace default password manager for Brave on Xiaomi Mi 9T

rXp
rXp
Community Member

Hi,

I recently switched my Pixel 2 for the Xiaomi Mi 9T.
1Password seems to work fine but I can't set it as the password manager for Brave (Chromium) on this device but work fine on the Pixel 2 and works fine on Chrome for this device.
I enabled the Autofill and Accessibility options in 1Password.
Am I missing something somewhere ? (rights or options to enable ?)

1Password version : 7.3.BETA-4
Brave version : 1.2.0, Chromium 76.0.3809.111
Android version : 9
Mi 9T build : PKQ1.190302.001

Thanks for the help,

rXp

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

I'm sorry !
    When I set the "fill" option and it asked me what app to use I choose 1Password but I need to choose "Google" for my phone apparently.
    When Google is picked 1Password appears perfectly. I don't know why but that's how I made it work.

• Hi @rXp. With filling in Brave and other Chrome based browsers, you'll need to use 1Password's Accessibility service, as Autofill isn't fully supported in Chrome. Make sure to launch 1Password and go to Settings > Autofill, and enable Accessibility there.

That said, when enabling Autofill from 1Password's settings, do you have the option to choose 1Password in your device settings window that opens up?

• rXp
    rXp
    Community Member

@peri
    Yes accessibility was checked. When I enable autofill I can choose the default app and my mistake was to choose 1Password. On this phone I needed to choose Google and not 1Password for 1Password to be used. (I don't know why)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah interesting. Thanks for letting us know! That may help others with a similar setup too. :)

This discussion has been closed.