To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Web interface update plans?

dajonker
dajonker
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Memberships

With 1password X working really well and looking really good these days, I can't help but feel like the web interface is being left behind a bit. It would be great if the same styles/components could be reused for the web application. For example the selection boxes for username/password, and the copy/reveal/large buttons are much easier to use in 1password X compared to the web interface. Also the search works much better with 1password X than in the web interface.
Any plans for updating the web interface? I can imagine you would have to support more browsers for the web interface, and therefore might not be that easy, but I think many would appreciate it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dajonker: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm glad that you're enjoying 1Password X. :chuffed: The 1Password web interface is also constantly being updated, but most of the work is largely behind the scenes. There are limits to its power since there are things that just aren't possible there -- filling, as a big example. And, given that, our focus has to be on the apps/extensions, which is how the most of our customers use 1Password the vast majority of the time. So I suspect maybe you're thinking in terms of "features" as far as the "updates" you have in mind, so it would be great to know specifically how you're using the 1Password web interface and the things you might like us to add there, if possible. While we're able to do a lot more good with our work on the apps/extensions, we'll continue to iterate on the web interface as well, so I'll be happy to bring up your specific use case with the team if you'll tell me about it. :)

• dajonker
    dajonker
    Community Member

Hi @brenty as a Linux user I can only use the web interface to edit items (and in general anyone using the 1password X extension gets directed to the web interface to edit items). I think I just expected some more consistency visually:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dajonker - thanks for the clarification. You're clearly right that the two aren't identical-looking. It's a bit of a fine line to walk, since 1Password isn't an Electron or Java app, where we could force visual and behavioral consistency among our native apps across platforms (let alone the web interface). We do strive for overall thematic consistency because I don't think anyone would disagree that having entirely separate UIs on different platforms can lead to confusion. But because we design our native apps to respect the platform conventions and guidelines, it's not even the case that 1Password for Windows will ever look or function identically to 1Password for Mac.

That's not at all to say that we can't strive for greater...harmony(?), however! So I guess my question to you would be: do you have any specific ideas for how we might redesign 1Password's web interface to achieve that? To make it more familiar-seeming to users of not just 1Password X but also 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows' native interface(s)?

This discussion has been closed.