How can I get 2FA to work with Adobe.com. 1P cannot scan the bar code.

Options
FogCityNative
FogCityNative
Community Member

I am trying to set up 2FA on Adobe.com. Logged into Adobe on my laptop.

My camera in my cell phone does not recognize the square bar code on the screen of my MacBook Pro.

It is supposed to grab that bar code instantly.

Adobe suggests an Authenticator available in the App Store but it says in small print it also recognizes other authenticators. 1P:assword is another authenticator.

What am I do wrong??

1Password Version: 7.3.3 Beta
Extension Version: 4.75.9
OS Version: OS X 10.15 Public Beta 6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:2fa adobe.com

Comments

• FogCityNative
    FogCityNative
    Community Member
    Options

I solved it! I downloaded the Adobe Authenticator. It didn't work either but it said "No QR code detected" when the camera is looking right at it.

And then the solution hit me. I was in DARK MODE. The camera has to see the QR code against a white background, Otherwise, it can recognize the pattern.

Any website using a QR code needs it to be displayed surrounded by white.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi @FogCityNative, and thank you for the post here! I'm glad you were able to solve this one :)

If you're ever unable to scan the 2FA setup code on a site like Adobe using the camera in 1Password on your phone, you can use the 1Password app right on your computer. In 1Password for Mac, you can use the built-in scanner on codes right on your screen like this, which removes potential light/dark issues of using a phone camera. And in our smart new 1Password X browser extension, you can scan the code in one tap.

Whichever way you scan the codes, using 2FA with 1Password is a great way to stay even more secure online. I'm happy to hear you're doing it!

ref: ILX-73411-355

This discussion has been closed.