Accessing the Apple app developer iCloud Dashboard from Safari hangs with 1P7 enabled.

Options
Jim7602
Jim7602
Community Member

Whenever I attempt to access my iCloud Dashboard through developer.apple.com it starts to load, then hangs, and eventually terminates with 502 Bad Gateway. If I use a VPN for access it works reliably. Ditto for accessing through Chrome. On a hunch I disabled the 1P7 extension and the problem went away. I'm guessing that there might be some internal test logic in the extension that is meant to intercept access to the dashboard. This is not a big deal for me, as I don't use the extension that much and can easily just grab what I need from the mini app. Just thought you'd like to know.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:safari bad gateway

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jim7602

That is very odd indeed. I'd like to have our extensions team take a closer look at this report. Would you be able to record and send us a video of this happening, e.g.: try to access the website with...

1. VPN disabled and 1Password extension enabled
    2. VPN enabled and 1Password extension enabled
    3. VPN enabled and 1Password extension disabled
    4. VPN disabled and 1Password extension disabled

How to record the screen on your Mac - Apple Support

Please send this video (or a link to it) to us at support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread and your forum username in the message. You should get an automated reply back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.