Error received during autofill on a specific URL

rickapel
rickapel
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 1903 OS Build 18362.295
1Password Version 7.3.684
1Password Chrome extension 4.7.5.90

This error occurs on Chrome on iOS 12.4 and Chrome on Windows 10.

Error message from Chrome using 1Password autofill during login:

{"status":"error","message":"Problem with authentication callback: missing nonce"}

**URL: **
https://raywenderlich.auth0.com/login?state=g6Fo2SBsUkdOYmZuaVpJeUNxQlNVQXFXckRySG01eXFRUkN1TqN0aWTZIEZpa0U5SlJ0bndDX1RkRGo5dUlaZDlRa3I3Zm9YSWF3o2NpZNkgbmN6a0IzUzgwM1N0SFRUcXhoSldsS0JEVVRBd1lTUlk&client=nczkB3S803StHTTqxhJWlKBDUTAwYSRY&protocol=oauth2&response_type=code&scope=openid profile&redirect_uri=https://accounts.raywenderlich.com/v2/sso/callback&connection=Username-Password-Authentication&mode=login

Is there anything else I need to do to help diagnose this issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickapel!

I have just tried filling on that website in Chrome and it worked for me without error messages, so we should be able to get this fixed for you too.

Do you maybe have additional fields saved in that 1Password item? If you open this item in 1Password and click on the View Saved Form Details button, do you only have a username and password field, or do you see additional fields in there?

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

The username and password field Is there and correct as I manually copied and pasted from the fields in 1Password to chrome. So the form appears correct and is filled with valid data fields.

However, I need to clarify my problem in more detail.

I did get it to work by going to the login screen via Chrome Bookmark, and then invoking 1Password to do the autofill.
    This procedure works ok on both iOS 2.4 and Win 10. 1Password and extentions are the latest as my account is about
    1 week old.

The failure occurs when I click on the URL inside of the 1Password app. The issue occurs with the same error on both platforms.
    Looks like 1Password invokes the Chrome Browser in Win 10, and invokes the 1Password builtin browser on iOS 2.4.

I can live with the notion of just going to the signon screen on my respective browsers and then invoking 1PIssword at that point.
    However, it is convenient to click on the 1Password URL link in the login.

Since I am a new user, I wasn't positively sure on whether to invoke the login web pages inside or outside of 1Pasword and will more forward on the proper way per your advice. However, if your goal is to let me log in properly either way, and you do consider this a bug, I am more than happy to gather diagnostics as needed.

One other quick question. Whenever the login is redirected to auth0, I get the icon for the auth0 website. I learned a trick on iOS where I created a 2nd URL and invoked it from within 1Password login page on the main web site and it gave me the true icon of the web site I was logging into, and just invoked the proper URL to login when needed. Are there any other ways to gerrymander the web site produced icon to make the 1Password login show the initial web site icon?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickapel,

I can reproduce the error you're seeing. One observation I found is if I then visited the main page I was actually logged in so despite the error the sign-in attempt was successful. With computers a nonce is typically a number that is only meant to be used once and I suspect the URL contains is encoding it as the state parameter. See if you find the following works. Edit the Login item and replace the stored URL with the following.

https://www.raywenderlich.com/sessions/new

That's the URL the sign-in button uses and then the site loads the raywenderlich.auth0.com one. I think you should find open-and-fill works with that better than the original. I'm glad you reached out to us because I don't see this as something the average user should need to know to use 1Password with this site. Thankfully you should find this is a rare thing to experience :)

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables
    This works perfectly!
    I don't much about html(yet) but I think I did determine how you more or less backed into that.
    I went to the html screen with the "Sign In" Link on it and went into developer tools and found the
    text you added in the source. It is shown below. I'm glad I experienced this and found someone
    to guide me in this endeavor as it enhanced my understanding and will allow me to back into things
    like this and enhance my use of 1Password.

<div>
        <a class="login-link c-global-header__user-login l-whitespace" data-turbolinks="false" href="/sessions/new">Sign In</a>
      </div>

• @rickapel, I'm glad to hear @littlebobbytables was able to help you out with this. 🙂 If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.