Why can't I delete a login in a Shared vault?

Options
wschaeffer
wschaeffer
Community Member

I have a login for a site and it is correct in my Personal Vault and I can edit it there. However, I also have an older version saved in a Shared Vault that I cannot delete. Why is that?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2
Extension Version: 70302003
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:delete shared password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wschaeffer!

Can you please clarify what happens when you try to delete that item exactly?

• wschaeffer
    wschaeffer
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing happens. I click "Edit" and it pops out into a new window with no Delete/Trash option.

• Ben
    Options

@wschaeffer

It sounds like you may not have the level of permissions required for that action on the vault in question. If you are an administrator on the membership you may be able to adjust those permissions yourself, otherwise you may need to contact an administrator within your organization to verify you have the appropriate access:

https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults-teams/#manage-access

If you check the permissions, and they appear to be correct, could you please post a screenshot showing your level of access to that vault here? Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• wschaeffer
    wschaeffer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I'm the owner and only user, which is why this is strange.

• wschaeffer
    wschaeffer
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben that was it. I went into the settings of the Shared and had to select myself, which doesn't make sense but at least it now works. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

@wschaeffer

I'm glad to hear that sorted it. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.