The extension in my Safari v.12.1.2 has stopped working.

Options
vjpankau
vjpankau
Community Member

Nothing happens when I click the little 1Password extension, so I cannot autofill into websites.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:My "open and fill" suddenly doesn't work. What can I do?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vjpankau

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check the Safari > Preferences > Extensions screen? It should look like this, except your version should be 7.3.2:

Could you please post a screenshot of what you see there? Instructions on taking a screenshot can be found here:

▷ How to take a screenshot

Thanks!

Ben

• vjpankau
    vjpankau
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the screen shot.

• Ben
    Options

Okay, that looks good, so I think we can say things are good on the Safari end. Could you please also check in 1Password under Preferences > Browsers and make sure the "always keep 1Password extension helper running" option is checked?

Ben

• vjpankau
    vjpankau
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thanks for your help, this is checked. The extension has mysteriously begun to work again. I rebooted my computer a couple of times before trying this forum, and it did not help. But as the day has progressed, it appears the problem has corrected itself.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! Safari is supposed to load it from the app, but we have seen cases where it doesn't -- and then suddenly does later on. Glad that it sorted itself out for you. :)

• tzw
    tzw
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having trouble as well. The extension is working and pops up, but doesn't fill in anything when I click the desired login. Safari 12.1.2, Mojave 10.14.6, 1Password 7.3.2...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @tzw! Was 1Password 7 for Mac's browser extension previously working, and stopped? Or have you recently upgraded to version 7 from an older version of 1Password for Mac?

• tzw
    tzw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I formatted my iMac and installed all applications from scratch. 1Password DB synced from Dropbox. So yes it worked before but with older versions all together.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tzw - that's likely to be the issue, then: 1Password 7 for Mac is a completely new, full-version upgrade from previous versions. if you were using standalone data synced via Dropbox, that means you'd need to either purchase an upgraded standalone license to use 1Password 7 for Mac, or - our recommendation - switch to a 1password.com account. Without one of those two things, 1Password 7 for Mac will be in Read Only mode, meaning: you can't add/edit/delete any of your data, and you can't use the browser extension(s). That would explain why 1Password isn't filling anything when you try to use it in your browser. When you look at your data in the main window of the 1Password 7 for Mac app, do you see a badge towards the top right corner of your items that says "Read Only," like the one in this example? If so, that's definitely the issue:

• tzw
    tzw
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you were right. Subscription model pricing sucks. I downgraded to 6.8.9. Will have to do for now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tzw, thank you for the update :) I am happy to hear **Lars **was able to clarify things for you. Whether with a subscription or with a standalone license, we recommend keeping 1Password up-to-date though, since it's security software.

Have a wonderful day!

• tzw
    tzw
    Community Member
    Options

Is "a standalone license" = a one time payment? Do you have a direct link to this? Can not find it on your web site.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tzw: Licenses are sold within the app itself, when you're using it with a "standalone" local vault. You won't get the option if you set it up with a 1Password membership account, as then there's nothing else to buy as it's all included.

• tzw
    tzw
    Community Member
    Options

So, I'm running 1Password 6 standalone but it's not supported in the latest version of Safari (13.0). Does the latest version of 1Password work with Safari 13.0? How do I upgrade to the latest standalone version and what does it cost?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tzw:

Yes, 1Password 7 works with the latest version of Safari :) If you want to purchase a license for it, download 1Password 7 from our website and you will be prompted to purchase a license after installing it (licenses are currently still discounted at $49.99 instead of the regular $64.99).

Thank you!

• tzw
    tzw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the assistance!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tzw, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.