Change primary account on iOS

sysedit
sysedit
Community Member

Hi - I have a personnal (family) and a professional account.
My personal account was initially a normal one (vault was shared on dropbox), then I added the professional one, and then I converted my own account into a family / cloud one.
1Password on iOS seems to be locked with the pro account - it requires this account password to unlock. In settings, the pro account is first, then perso one.
Is there a way to change order ? I even can't disconnect from the pro one...

Thanks !

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.1
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• Hi @sysedit

The way unlocking 1Password works is:

• If a Primary vault exists 1Password will always unlock using the Master Password for that vault. This supersedes all of the following rules.
    • If a single 1Password.com account is logged in then 1Password will unlock using the Master Password for that account.
    • If multiple 1Password.com accounts are logged in then 1Password will unlock using the Master Password of the first account that was added.

If you're using 1Password membership accounts exclusively (no standalone / "Primary" vault) then you can change which will unlock 1Password by uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password and signing into the desired account first. I'd recommend having your Emergency Kit for each account handy and making sure you know the Master Password for each by signing in to each at https://start.1password.com/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• sysedit
    sysedit
    Community Member

Hi @Ben - thanks, that did the trick (uninstall, then reinstall and log in with personal account first).

Thanks !

• You're very welcome @sysedit. Glad to hear that worked out. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.