Trial expires in 3 days and I get "Gift Card code not valid."

My trial expires very soon.
I bought a gift card of $125 to avoid using a credit card but I can't seem to redeem it. It says "Gift Card code not valid."

Someone at Reddit wrote it is because of my .eu account. It's not mentioned on the page where I bought the Gift Card.
What should I do now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @BramV! Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about this. Can you please email us the code to [email protected] so we can take a look and it and see why it is being rejected for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• Hi @ag_ana !

I got this ticket number as reply: [#XXI-64916-352]
    Thanks for helping this quickly.

• XIIIXIII
    edited September 1

Someone at Reddit wrote it is because of my .eu account.

Indeed; it’s been mentioned a few times on the forum that they only work with .com accounts.

It's not mentioned on the page where I bought the Gift Card.

A lawyer will probably say it is mentioned, since .com is explicitly mentioned on the purchase page, while .eu and .ca are not:

1Password.com Digital Gift Cards

and:

These digital gift cards apply credit to new or existing 1Password.com accounts. Purchase for yourself or as a great gift to protect a loved one online.

However, as a customer I would also think the code works with all 1Password accounts (/domains).

There’s definitely room for improvement on that page!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you @BramV! I confirm that we have received your email, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

ref: XXI-64916-352

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file