To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Exporting vault on ubuntu/linux

jero
jero
Community Member

Is it possible to export a vault on ubuntu?

Happy to try CLI or whatever, but don't have easy access to a windows or osx machine

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jero! Welcome to the forum!

You cannot export your data directly on Ubuntu, but you can do it with the CLI if you know how to program :)

• curusarn
    curusarn
    Community Member

I need this as well.

Specifically, I want to export all items from a vault, run some scripts to merge duplicates, and then import the data again. Relying on 3rd party export could compromise the integrity of the data.

I'm currently testing 1Password with the intention to replace Google passwords. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to use 1Password on Linux? It seems that 1Password doesn't offer its full product on Linux.

• We don't offer a desktop app for Linux at this point. Maybe in the future. :) We do offer the CLI tool as well as the 1Password X browser extension.

Ben

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member

@ben are there any examples on how to export data using CLI tool?

Slowly but surely I get the impression that 1password has some drawbacks compared to Win or Mac. Or from another perspective: the webinterface - the OS independent part - lacks quite some important features compared to the desktop apps.

For me as a linux user the consequences are the same ...

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

@ben - yes, good pointer ... I like the idea accessing my pw data on the command line. Let's give it a try :-) Thanks!

btw, is there any automatic notification service when there is a new release of CLI tool?

• Sure thing. :) The CLI is pretty neat. I've been using it in some of my personal projects as well.

Ben

• Hi everyone.

I'm very excited to announce that there has been progress on this request. You can read more here:

1Password for Linux development preview

We'd love to hear from you over in our new Linux Development Preview forum category. :) 1Password for Linux is in the very early stages, but one of the functions it offers is export.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.