Convert Password to Login

Hey there. I recently moved from Mac to Linux and was happy to see that 1Password could travel with me. However, I've noticed that I can't seem to convert generated "Passwords" to "Login" items (with usernames) like I could with the Mac client. That's a bit of a bummer - is that something that'll be fixed? Or maybe I'm just blind and I don't see the button to do that?

I found that I had to copy the password to my clipboard and then exit the interface and re-create a "Login" item to get it to do what I wanted.

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: 1.16.1
OS Version: Linux Firefox
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hey @justindthomas! That'll be the best route to go on Linux, but I'm curious how you're creating Password items in 1Password X. When you save a username and password using the inline menu, a Login should be created rather than a Password item. And if you generate a password with the password generator, the password should be saved in your generator history rather than creating a Password item. Perhaps you just had some Password items stored from when you used to use 1Password for Mac?

• Usually that (inline) works. I've run in to a couple instances where the option didn't come up for whatever reason and I had to "generate password" manually. Having no way to then convert that to a login is a bit of a hassle.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@justindthomas – That makes sense to me. I'll pass your feedback along to the rest of my team so we can discuss it. Thank you for sharing. :)

ref: xplatform/xplatform#59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file