To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can you have multiple identities in an individual account?

jgreco8054
jgreco8054
Community Member

I have several different usernames and passwords in AOL, Amazon, etc. How can I get 1password to store more than one of them when I go to the website? I have an individual acct.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple identities in an individual account

Comments

• Hi @jgreco8054

You can absolutely store multiple sets of credentials for various websites in any type of account. You'd add the second (and third, and fourth, etc) much in the same way you added the first. If you have trouble this guide may be helpful:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Please let me know if that helps. :)

Ben

• jgreco8054
    jgreco8054
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. That did it for me.

John

• You're very welcome @jgreco8054. :)

Ben

• MagnoliaDave
    MagnoliaDave
    Community Member

I'm not sure I understand Ben's answer to the question from jgreco8054: my wife and I have separate accounts at a bank and at Vanguard, each with its own password. We know each other's account info and passwords, and don't mind sharing that information. Can we use an individual account to handle that situation? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MagnoliaDave: If you're comfortable sharing the account and all the data in it, and the Master Password (and other credentials) needed to access it, you can absolutely do that. A lot of folks just prefer to have their own setup, a Master Password of their choosing, etc. But it's really up to you folks how you do things. Just make sure you give things meaningful names, so you don't get confused about which bank Login is whose. :lol: :+1:

• MagnoliaDave
    MagnoliaDave
    Community Member

If an account has both a password and a Pin, does 1password enter both at the appropriate times to log in?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MagnoliaDave: It depends entirely on how the site is designed. The best thing to try would be manually saving a new login, as that can allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login and fill it:

1. Navigate to the website: https://secure.rbcwm-usa.com
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login in 1Password to press Return (or double click) to Open & Fill
    8. Submit the form
This discussion has been closed.