1Password 6 extension for Safari not showing up.

It was working fine until today then it disappeared.

I'm on MacOS Mojave version 10.14. Safari 12. 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9.

First I tried going to safari extensions link on app store but I don't see the 1Password 6 extension there.
https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers

I also went to this link and tried downloading a build there but nothing shows up.
https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4#v4070590

It asks Would you like to install version 4.7.4 of “1Password” from the Safari Extensions Gallery? After clicking "Install from gallery" nothing happens, or shows up. I've restarted my mac even nothing still.

It doesn't show up under safari - preferences - extensions or under "customize toolbar"

Safari 12. MacOS Mojave 10.14. 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9.

Would appreciate any help, I've been a customer for a long time.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited September 3

@turn2s: Sorry for the confusion. Apple's Safari Extensions Gallery and the old extensions hosted there are no longer available.

Back at WWDC 2018 Apple announced that the Safari Extension Gallery -- the source of all the old ".safariextz" extensions -- since Safari 12 and later use the newer Safari App Extensions built into apps themselves (like 1Password 7, for the past year), and it appears that's finally happened. With the impending release of Safari 13, which requires the newer extensions, in beta since June, we've been trying to get folks to update to prepare for that as well:

Safari 13 is awesome, but 1Password 6 users need to upgrade to enjoy it

So you'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7, which fully supports the latest Safari and macOS releases, or use a different browser with 1Password 6 (though we can't recommend sticking with an outdated OS and browser on an ongoing basis, since then you'll be missing out on important security fixes).

While you can't install the 1Password 6 extension in Safari anymore, we're here to make your life as easy as possible. So let us know if you have any questions. :)

For more info: 1Password 6 legacy support information

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file