"All Vaults" sync

Options

I try to keep my vault as organized as possible to improve my productivity. So I got about 7 vaults that I use on a everyday basis, plus 2 vaults that I basically never use, but I want to keep the infos saved and safe (One to keep infos from projects that I'm not associated anymore, and other to keep some infos from other people like mom, dad, sister, etc...)

I set my "All Vaults" settings to only show the vaults that I actually use, so when I try to login in a website, or fill a credit card in a form, the infos that I don't need wont keep showing everytime.

This is an amazing feature and I like to keep this settings always set and updated, but I noticed that the "All Vaults" settings is different for my Mac app, iPhone app and browser plugin. And I can see that this may be good for some users that need this kind of customization, but I bet that for most people, having this infos always synced between devices would be definitively an improvement. (Me, for example, spent months bothering myself with having some unnecessary infos showing up, but because I thought it was some bug I didn't even try to fix this before)

I hope you can improve this. Maybe keep the info in sync by default and have a toggle to choose to customize on the device manually (as it is today)

Thanks for reading!

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.16.1
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:all vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@schererm: All Vaults and its settings are not involved at all in sync. Rather, All Vaults simply shows all the vaults you have setup in the app by default:

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

And then you can hide individual vaults from that view if you want, but that doesn't affect their data or your ability to access it: you can still switch to any vault at any time, even one you've hidden from the All Vaults view.

However, if you have different vault/accounts setup on different devices, that may cause come confusion. If you have the same setup on each device, that might help. :)

This discussion has been closed.