Need assistance getting 1Password 7 from Mac App store

I tried this question on Email 1Password Support. Although I got a quick responses from Gareth (which I appreciate), we seem to be talking past each other. Then I read the discussion today between dczar and Ben in the Support Forum and decided to try here.

I originally downloaded 1 Password from the Mac App Store in early 2015. I’ve used it only on my Mac (Mojave 10.14.6). The version I have is 6.8.9.
I understand that “1Password 7 is available on the Mac App Store as a separate download. It requires a 1Password membership.”
I downloaded the 1Password 7 app from the Mac App Store.
Once downloaded, a page popped up that I closed unintentionally.
Apple has not as yet charged me for the download of 1Password 7; but my Mac Apps do now contain both 1Password 7 and 1Password.
On my Mac now is 1Password 7, with my data. As well as my original 1Password with my data. (However, the 1Password 7 extensions in both Safari and Firefox now do not log onto sites or auto fill as the previous version did, nor do they ask to save passwords.)
I assume that when I mistakenly closed the pop-up page after the download, I missed the opportunity to receive the Secret Key, but I’m not at all sure.

Can you tell me what I can do now to get the Mac App Store version of 1 Password 7 with membership on my Mac?
Do I uninstall the 1Password 7 app that I downloaded from Apple and start the process again?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:Mac App store

Comments

• Hi @rndllgb,

It sounds like you accidentally closed the sign-up window. 1Password is running in read-only mode, which is a demo mode and will not let you autofill in your browsers.
    Here's a link to sign up to 1Password: https://1password.com/sign-up/

After signing up you'll be able to activate 1Password 7.

Be sure to delete your old 1Password 6 after everything is working.

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Hi @rndllgb,

Yulka1355 here is right on the money. It seems like you cancelled out of the sign up window. Head over to https://1password.com/sign-up/ to create your 1Password account and then add it to 1Password 7. That should get everything back up and running, but let us know if you run into any issues.

• Thank you both. I now have an account and a Secret Key in an emergency kit. My original data from 1Password 6 is in 1Password 7 (with autofill again working). The question I now have is when will I billed for the download of 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store? Does that come after the 30 day trial?

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

@rndllgb If you mean when will you be billed for your membership then, yes, that comes at the end of the 30 day trial.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file