Should I have all devices in personal vault?

Options

I copied 46 logins from LastPass to 1password and they are now all in my personal vault. (I am leaving LastPass. I am in the middle of my free month, and will continue with 1password henceforth). I have 3 devices, a windows 10 desktop, an iPad and an iPhone. I signed in first with my Windows desktop, and I assume that this is now in my personal vault. I initially assumed that I could not put my iOS devices in the same vault, so I created an iPhone vault and an iPad vault. I therefore now have 3 vaults, and I copied the same list of logins into each of the 2 additional vaults. Each device seems to work. If I use "All Vaults" command I see 3 copies of each of the 46 logins. I am now assuming that I should have put all 3 devices into the personal vault?? I would be willing to delete the 2 additional vaults and put the iPhone and iPad into the personal vault, if this is the way to assure correct syncing among the 3 devices. I understand that I must download the 1password apps for the iPhone and the iPad from the Apple store, and I am unsure how to signify that they should be added to the personal vault? I thought I should check in with you before I attempted anything further, how should I proceed? If it is important to be a full member to carry out what needs to be done, I am willing to pay and join now, before the end of the month.

1Password Version: Currently available (latest)
Extension Version: Currently available (latest)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: the vault or vaults

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rick_64,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the confusion.

Your "Personal" vault belongs to your 1Password account. If you sign in to this account in 1Password apps on your iOS devices, you will see your Personal vault there, so there is no need to create separate vaults for each device you are planning to use 1Password on.

Please try to remove your additional vaults, which you created for iPad and iPhone, and check if you see all of your data in Personal vault on all devices. To delete additional vaults, sign in to your account on 1Password.com, edit the vaults in question, then click "Delete vault".

Let me know if you have other questions about this situation. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.