Restoring Default Keyboard Shortcut Doesn't Work

Options
Dan_Aykroyd
Dan_Aykroyd
Community Member

Hi,

I've remapped the default shortcut to show 1Password (Command+Option+) to something else. I didn't like it and, when trying to record back the original one, it doesn't capture the keypress of the "\" character. Probably because of a conflict or something with the default Mac OS shortcuts? I don't know, but it would be great to have a way to restore back to that key combination without having to reinstall the application.

I've found this similar thread back from 2014 "resetting default 1Password mini shortcut BUG" and it's showing as resolved (and also, a conflict with Alfred shortcut; which I don't have installed).

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind... I've found the culprit. It was the "Toggle Smooth Images" Zoom Accesibility Setting :|

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dan_Aykroyd,

Good to hear you found the culprit. Conflicting keyboard shortcuts can be a pain. If you need any other assistance, we are always here for you. :)

• Michael Paul
    Michael Paul
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I still have this problem, actually; mine is that I've always used option-\ to fill in passwords (since \ is so close to the return key), and command-option-s to Show 1Password so I can browse the vault for what I need.

It seems that 1P (with this 1Password X implementation) doesn't allow symbols for keyboard shortcuts. For example, when I hold down option as I set my shortcut, a small message says I need to type a letter. Symbols like \ won't work.

I may be dreaming, but I thought that we had two keyboard shortcuts with which to use 1P: one was for filling the password, the other was just for opening the vault. Each has merit and I miss the flexibility. Not sure if it's a 1Password X thing or what.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Michael Paul,

If you're using 1Password X that is a different story. Keyboard shortcuts for 1Password X are handled by the browser (Chrome/Firefox/Opera and so forth) rather than the extension itself. Browsers can be rather particular about keyboard shortcuts, reserving some and not allowing others to be set, hence the problems you are having.

You're not dreaming, that was and still is a function within 1Password proper and the regular extension. However, 1Password X works somewhat differently. 1Password X is designed more around the inline notifications and suggestions rather than a fill command. The keyboard shortcut is more for bringing up the extension window itself to do some more involved things rather than filling.

This discussion has been closed.