Trouble keeping the Mac App and Chrome extension in sync

Options
jtredway
jtredway
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

Hi, there: I am having trouble keeping the Chrome browser extension and Mac app in sync. As I create new passwords and log-ins online using my laptop, I am automatically prompted to save them, and they immediately show up in the extension, but changes do not propagate to the Mac app, even after quitting/reopening. (Interestingly, they do properly show in the iOS app.)

I first noticed the issue when I ported all of my Chrome passwords over to 1Password, and they did not immediately show up in the Mac app. Since then, I've had continued troubles, as described, particularly when I select "Reveal" within the app and it shows me my old password.

Any thoughts as to the issue? I just keep hunting for a non-exist manual "Refresh" button…

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.16.1
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jtredway! Welcome to the forum!

I think that the cause of the problem here is that your Mac is configured with a different set of vaults from your 1Password X extension and your iOS app. If you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Accounts tab, do you see the same account there that you see in 1Password X and in 1Password for iOS?

This discussion has been closed.