iOS Facebook keeps saying “incorrect” password when I generate a 1Password

Options
patrickgbeatty
patrickgbeatty
Community Member

I try to set up 1Password for iOS Google, Amazon, and Facebook. When I login , I can see the “dots” of a log password from 1Password , but it says incorrect password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS Facebook keeps saying “incorrect” password when I generate a 1Password

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@patrickgbeatty Open up the proper 1Password app, go to your Facebook entry, tap on the password and tap "reveal". Is that the correct password? 1Password can only fill what you have given it.

• patrickgbeatty
    patrickgbeatty
    Community Member
    Options

Where is “my Facebook entry”, and how do I get it there”. I cannot find the share icon anywhere....

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@patrickgbeatty On your home screen tap the 1Password button to open the 1Password app. Tap Categories down at the bottom and then "All Items". Facebook should be listed there for you view the password as I mentioned earlier. If it is not the correct password, Tap edit and change the password to the proper one.

1Password does not have access to your accounts or logins. It can only fill the information you give it. If you give 1Password the wrong information, it will fill the wrong information. If you want to change your password for one 1Password generated, you need to go and change that on the particular site. Take a look: https://support.1password.com/change-website-password

• patrickgbeatty
    patrickgbeatty
    Community Member
    Options

I did as you said: reveal showed one generated by 1Password. I edited it back to the original password. Then I clicked below that, and had 1Password generate a new one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@patrickgbeatty:

After generating this new password in 1Password, have you updated it in your Facebook account too?

This discussion has been closed.