[Bug] Item list jumps to the top after saving

Options
Robincognito
Robincognito
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

I don't know what triggers this bug but it has always occurred after I've been adding/modifying a lot of items. At some point, clicking the "save" button on an item causes the application to jump to the top of the list (back to "A"), causing me to lose my place (which can be annoying if I'm working my way through the list).

Quitting and reopening the application fixes the issue (until it happens again).

It's not a serious bug, of course, but I thought I should report it anyway.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Robincognito! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for reporting this. I could not reproduce the issue here, every time I save an item, that specific item is focused and I am not taken back to the top of the list. Perhaps I haven't created or modified enough items, as you suggested, but we will keep an eye out and see if there is a way we can trigger this.

• Robincognito
    Robincognito
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I've been using 1Password for about a week now and I'm very happy with it. Probably the most useful application I've downloaded in years.

Just to clarify, the focus remains on the selected item when the list jumps to the top.

I haven't experienced the issue today after making a lot of modifications so it's probably something quite specific that triggers it. As I said, it's not a big deal. Just wanted to make you aware of it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words @Robincognito! We are happy that you joined us :)

And I am also glad to hear that things are working fine again for you. Let's hope they stay that way ;)

• Robincognito
    Robincognito
    Community Member
    Options

Ignore that clarification. I misremembered. After clicking save, the focus on that item is lost and nothing is selected. That area of application is blank (with the 1Password logo background).

It occurred again today after making only a couple of amendments.

I'll let you know if I work out what's triggering it.

I plan on updating my version of macOS soon so that might fix the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.