Questions about local vaults and sync things

Options

Hi there!
I have some questions about local vaults and sync things.
As I am a subscribed user, my passwords are stored in my 1Password account, which is actually stored on 1Password.com well-protected server in Amazon, right?
I was wondering what if I use local vaults at the same time. As the picture shows if I create a local vault, will it be seen on my 1password.com website and explorer extensions?

And I find a sync function about local vaults, as the picture shown.
How does it be synced? Can I use it on each of my devices(Android, Windows, Mac, Chrome extension, 1password.com) if I choose to enable sync? Does it sync by 1password servers or other ways? What's the difference between 1Password account vaults and sync local vaults?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Window 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wuuyuu: Thanks for getting in touch. Great questions! :)

As I am a subscribed user, my passwords are stored in my 1Password account, which is actually stored on 1Password.com well-protected server in Amazon, right?

Everything you store in your 1Password account is encrypted on your device, and then the encrypted data is sent to be stored on the server; the "keys" you use to encrypt it are never sent to us.

I was wondering what if I use local vaults at the same time. As the picture shows if I create a local vault, will it be seen on my 1password.com website and explorer extensions?

Local vaults are completely separate from the 1Password account, and will only exist on your device unless you copy them to other devices. They will never show up in your account, and will be lost if something happens to the device and you do not have a backup elsewhere.

How does it be synced? Can I use it on each of my devices(Android, Windows, Mac, Chrome extension, 1password.com) if I choose to enable sync? Does it sync by 1password servers or other ways? What's the difference between 1Password account vaults and sync local vaults?

Local vaults are stored only on the device where you save them; 1Password account vaults are hosted on the server. You could sync them using Dropbox. But I'd recommend storing data in the vaults in your account instead, since that ensures it's automatically backed up offsite, and you can also access it on any of your devices just by signing in.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.