1Password Pro won't open on my iPad 3

romad
romad
Community Member
I have 1Password Pro on BOTH my iPhone 3GS and my iPad 3. While it will still accept my password to unlock it on the iPhone, it won't on the iPad. So far I've tried:

1. re-syncing with 1Password on my iMac without success.
2. deleting 1PP from the iPad; re-installing it on the iPad; re-authorizing it in 1Password on the iMac; but it still won't accept my password. What should I do next?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Your master password does not have to be the same between 1Password on different iOS devices. Many users like to have a less-complicated one for 1Password for iPhone because of the interaction using the much smaller virtual keyboard. Because they do not have to be the same, they are never synced from one device/platform to another.

When you reinstall 1Password on your iPad, you are prompted to create a new master password after tapping "New Database". Do this and make sure you don't forget the password. Then you can set up Dropbox syncing as usual to sync your data:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

Please let me know how it goes.
  • romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited August 2012
    OK. As a temporary workaround I re-installed 1Password for iPhone on the iPad 3 and it works flawlessly.

So I have to select new database and then manually re-enter everything? I can't sync it with 1PMac? Because I was given the options to create a new database OR sync with 1PMac. I'd think that IF I'm required to create unlock and master passwords upon install, then the sync option should not be shown before they are created. Conversely, if the sync option is shown, then I'd expect 1PPro to be "smart" enough to retrieve the password when synced. I'll let you know what happens.

Oh, I sync via WiFi; don't use Dropbox or anything similar.
  • romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Got it working.

1. Deleted 1PP from iPad 3
    2. Synced with iTunes
    3. Deleted iPad 3 from 1 PMac
    4. Re-enabled 1PP in iTunes for iPad 3 and synced.
    5. Launched 1PP on iPad, selected new database, entered same password as on 1Password for iPhone.
    6. Authenticated/Synced with 1PMac. Authentication worked but no data in 1PP on iPad.
    7. Shutdown 1PP on iPad then re-launched.
    8. Entered password from 5 above and it worked.
    9. Re-synced with 1PMac and got data in 1PP on iPad.
    10. Created a Secure Note in 1PMac with password from 5 above.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Yep, sorry for not making it clearer, but you can choose Wi-Fi or Dropbox syncing once you create a "New Database". This can resolve some issues if you are having trouble setting up Wi-Fi using the "Sync Existing" option from the Welcome Screen.

The master passwords do not need to be the same. Just create a new database into which the data from your Mac will sync. :)

I'm glad everything is working well. Enjoy your weekend!
This discussion has been closed.