Edge Browser Extension Button not Wrking

The button for the browser extension has stopped working. It's still there but when I click on it, the drop down doesn't appear. It had been working fine previously. How do I fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple identities in an individual account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jgreco8054,

Thank you for getting in touch!

First of all, please make sure to install all available Windows updates, reinstall 1Password extension in Edge completely, and reboot your PC. Check if the issue remains.

If it does, please close Edge, open Task manager and end the Edge background process. Then restart Edge and see if 1Password extension works.

Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• jgreco8054
    jgreco8054
    Community Member

Hey Greg. Reinstalling the extension fixed the problem. Thanks very much.

MTFBWYA

• On Greg's behalf, you are most welcome, @jgreco8054! :chuffed:

• lfondren
    lfondren
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I am having same problem. The 1Password button in Edge is not working consistently. I have found that Exiting the main program (click Exit from 1Password menu), closing Edge, then re-open main program, sign in and then re-open page in Edge will get extension working again. However, if I close edge after using the extension, it will no longer function until I reset per above procedure. this is making using the program in Edge difficult.

All 1Password and Windows updates are installed. Working in Windows 1903 version. and also seeing this on multiple machines and with different vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lfondren: Edge can get hung up if you close it and then open it quickly. If you get into that state, quit any Edge and 1Password processes in Task Manager, and then give it about 30 seconds before opening 1Password and Edge again. That should help for now, but Microsoft's new Edge they've been working on should help even more in the coming months. :)

• lfondren
    lfondren
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty. The problem that it quits working after successful logins is bothering. The people I support are not inclined to start the task manager and kill processes, nor are they inclined to follow complex procedures and timings to get it working. Consistent behavior in Edge is our goal. Please advise if and when there is a solution.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lfondren: I hear you. But a solution cannot come from us. Looking forward to the new Edge myself, which is Chromium-based and does not seem to exhibit this kind of issue, even in beta. Chrome or any other derivative browser should also work in the mean time, while Microsoft works on theirs.

This discussion has been closed.