Options
12346»

Comments

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

@vicjang you should be able to use multiple accounts easily with 1PasswordX.

See: https://cl.flycl.ps/YEudp69j and https://cl.flycl.ps/12uDNdnY

Hopefully that's helpful for you. That said, I have both a personal and corporate subscription (for about 12 vaults in total), so if you're using iCloud/Dropbox/etc to sync, that is impossible with 1PasswordX.

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member
    Options

FYI: Links in my post above have been disabled because Google actually detected a screenshot of their login and flagged our domain for phishing.

• beeteep
    beeteep
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list of users experiencing this issue...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @beeteep! Can I ask what version of 1Password for Mac you're using, what browser, and what version of 1Password extension you have in that browser?

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options

oh damn - just saw that 4.7.6.BETA-1 is out for the extension - this is supposed to fix it??

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020
    Options

@sphen - Yep! :) Go give it a shot and let us know what you think. Make sure you remove or at least disable the current stable 1Password extension before trying the beta out.

• d3v1an7
    d3v1an7
    Community Member
    Options
    • MacOS 10.15.2 (19C57)
    • 1Password 7.4.1 (70401002)
    • 1Password extension 4.7.5.90
    • Chrome 79.0.3945.117

Been having the issue for a while (pressing autofill closes chrome ext, opens mini in menubar with blank search), thought it was something I was doing wrong :(

Just tried the 1PasswordX extension, autofill still not autofilling (user/pass/credit card, etc).

I've seen it work once or twice relatively recently, but it's rare. Will try and capture more detail next time.

• SaschaR
    SaschaR
    Community Member
    Options

Its been a little bit over 4 month now, since you've noticed this issue. What about a fix for that issue finally? We've been waiting so long. 1PasswordX don't support vaults via dropbox, which is a huge pain in the ass. Is this really kind of a concept, to "anger" long term clients? Can you provide us a time plan for the next weeks and a time estimate for this issue? Thank you!

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @SaschaR! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay. We don't pre-announce upcoming release dates for new versions or new features, or fixes, because a number of factors, many beyond our control, can affect them.

Having said that (and assuming you're using Chrome and not another browser), the fix for this issue was already released in the 4.7.6.1 beta version of our 1Password extension for Chrome. You can get it here, if you're not opposed to installing beta versions. If you'd prefer to wait for the lengthier process of stable-channel approval, it shouldn't be too much longer. If you're going to try the beta, make sure you disable your existing copy of the stable 1Password extension first, or you will have conflicts. Let us know how it goes for you.

• SaschaR
    SaschaR
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Lars, thank you for your answer. Please excuse my message before if it did sound a bit harsh, but it's super frustrating if you "suffer" from this 1password issue for so long. I do test the beta version right now and come back to you if there is something to report. Thanks so far. Cheers!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SaschaR - no worries. We understand the frustration. We're all 1Password users too (obviously :lol: ), so we were just as frustrated as anyone else, and we're happy to announce the beta extension with the fix. Let us know how you get on! :)

• FloAlex
    FloAlex
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I just installed the Beta of 1PW for Chrome. I still experience the issue that the mini opens instead of the filling the username / password fields. I can reproduce that it happens two times each time before it works. And for me it's on every single website, every single time.
    I use:

• MacOS 10.15.2
    • 1Password 7.4.1 (Mac Appstore Version)
    • 1Password Chrome Extension 4.7.6.1 (beta)
    • Chrome 79.0.3945.130
  • SaschaR
    SaschaR
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Same on my side. Tested it various times and I really work very often with it.

• MacOS 10.13.6 (17G10021) (Reason for that is iMac from 2011 - no OS-Upgrad available)
    • 1Password 4.7.6.1 (Beta) - with Alpha Disabled
    • 1Password 7.4.1 (Mac Appstore Version)
    • Chrome: 79.0.3945.117
  • vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

Just coming back for my monthly update.

• MacOS 10.13.6
    • 1Password 7.4.1 (70401002) (1Password Store)
    • Chrome: Version 79.0.3945.88

Still experiencing the same issue more than 50 times daily on all websites (also agilebits.com when I attempted to leave this message).

Save me plz.

• vahan
    vahan
    Community Member
    Options

@Vicjang, the beta extension seems to work well for me.

Per post from Lars, I got it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @vahan , I missed that part. Let me try it out then.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vahan - thanks for adding the link, and let us know how it goes, @vicjang! :)

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I'm happy to report that this effing problem has been freaking solved after installing the beta extension.
    Thank you, 1Password Team members, for the continued for the past 3-4 months, I'm really happy to say goodbye to this bug.

Again, here's the Chrome extension (Beta) link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

• SaschaR
    SaschaR
    Community Member
    Options

@vicjang I can definitely tell that it's not solved right now. I've been seeing this issue on various sites and I use 1Password more than 30 or 40 times a day. I'm wondering what you posted its solved because we have the same OS and me right now the same Chrome-Version and of course the exact same 1password-beta version. Strange... :-/

• vahan
    vahan
    Community Member
    Options

Unsure where to provide feedback, so here it goes.

I'll echo what SaschaR said - while the issue is solved on most sites, I've had at least 2 cases where the issue's still there. Less then 5% failure rate for me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SaschaR and @vahan - it's entirely possible that if it's only a few sites (and consistently those sites), that saving a new Login item for the site in question might solve the issue for you. Sometimes websites change their Login page URLs or their Login page layouts, which can break what you previously saved in 1Password. Try visiting the Login page of affected sites manually by typing or clicking in the browser, then use these instructions to save a new Login manually. Let us know how that works for you (make sure you trash the old Login item).

• vahan
    vahan
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting point, thanks @Lars, will give that a try.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

@SaschaR @vahan , it's been 9 days since I installed the beta and so far I luckily have 0% failure rate, though I completely trust that some of you might still have a problem.
    I hope a final fix will be rolled into the stable version soon. The beta does act a bit weird sometimes. (But not this particular problem for me)

Here's my current configuration FWIW:

1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002) (1Password Store)
    1Password Extension 4.7.6.1
    Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130
    MacBook Pro 15" Late 2013
    MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

• SaschaR
    SaschaR
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys, why the problem occurs in some parts or for some users? What is causing this bug, can you describe it a little bit? We are nearly reaching the magical 6-month line for this problem. That's not good and should be (at least now) fixed. It's so annoying after such a long time, that I consider changing the software. A proper workflow is (not always, to be fair) almost impossible. Give us a little bit more information about this case from time to time. Thank you!

• aaaaaa
    aaaaaa
    Community Member
    Options

@vicjang Same for me - installing the beta Chrome extension solved this problem for me, but introduced a new one. Now when invoking 1Password Mini deliberately, it doesn't filter the results for the site you currently have open in your browser. Then if you do a search and press return on the item you want to fill, it does correctly fill. So this bug is better than the original bug I guess. Looking forward to seeing bugfixes for both hit the stable extension!

This discussion has been closed.