BUG - CTRL+PERIOD not working with AZERTY keyboards

Options

Hey there. I use 1Password 7 (7.3.712) on Windows with an AZERTY keyboard and the CTRL+PERIOD hotkey doesn't work as expected.

Repro:
1. load a webpage that contains a login form
2. click into the username or the password field, 1Password plugin displays a 1Password icon
3. click on that icon, a little palette opens that says "Press Ctrl+Period to unlock 1Password."
4. press CTRL+SEMICOLON (same key as period) : nothing happens
5. press CTRL+SHIFT+SEMICOLON (shit+semicolon is how you type a period on azerty kb) : nothing happens

The same problem reproduces each time and doesn't seem to depend on the web browser I'm using (I reproduce it in Firefox and Chrome).

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 712
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: webservice

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Flip,

Different language keyboards have different key shortcut meanings.
    Can you try going to the 1Password app on your computer, open Settings and change the keyboard shortcuts? You may need to try several shortcuts since most of the shortcuts may already be taken by the browsers.

Hope that helped you resolve the problem :)

• Flip
    Flip
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the answer, @Yulka1355. I tried that already. Not sure if the "Fill Login or show 1Password" hotkey is supposed to be applied to that palette (that's what I expected), but it isn't.

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was giving you instructions for the 1Password 7 app when you are probably using 1Password X >_<...
    Try right-clicking on the 1Password browser extension and select "Settings", there you can change your key shortcut.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Flip76,

It does sound like you are using 1Password X, which works separately from 1Password 7 for Windows. You can change the shortcut in 1Password X settings, could you please give it a try and let us know how it works? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Flip
    Flip
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, thank you @Yulka1355 and @Greg ! That did it. I didn't realize the browser extension was a completely different application. Duh!

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    Options

:)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flip: I am glad to hear that it worked! :+1: :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.