khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • NewPrometheus
    NewPrometheus
    Community Member
    Options

khad, I'm a fan of AgileBits, and the good, smart people that work there, but I think AgileBits' official position on "wifi sync" for the 1Password Windows client is a cop-out, a disservice to loyal customers, and a bad business decision:

The Wi-Fi sync option available in 1Password for Mac relies on elements of OS X that have no counterpart in Windows.

What is that supposed to mean? That it's not possible? I don't buy it, particularly since other software on Windows, like iTunes for instance, already offers the "wifi sync" functionality. So, it sounds like it's not that AgileBits can't, but rather won't. The question is why won't AgileBits implement the "wifi sync" functionality in the 1Password Windows client?

Do you realize that this official position is alienating customers and driving them to other solutions? I explained this in another recent post: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/95728/#Comment_95728

Please reconsider this position!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, @NewPrometheus!

It's not a matter of "can't" or "won't" (a lot has changed since that thread took place!) but "haven't."

We hope to add Wi-Fi sync to a future version of 1Password for Windows, we think it's possible, and we'll make it available as soon as we can.

We understand your frustration and, knowing how you feel, appreciate your patience even more!

• NewPrometheus
    NewPrometheus
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!! :)

I eagerly look forward to the "wifi sync" functionality in the 1Password for Windows client!

Cheers!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks again for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.