Retain personal data when leaving job

Before I started working at my current job, I already used 1P for iOS and macOS. Shortly after I started working I suggested to use 1P for the company as well, so we subscribed to the Teams plan.

Now I'm leaving the company, and I'd like to make sure my personal data is safe. For my personal data I use my Primary (Primaire) vault which syncs to iCloud:

I think I'm good, but can I safely delete my work account in preferences and keep my Primary vault? Just like to make sure.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud, Teams
Referrer: forum-search:leaving team private icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bartvanoers! Welcome to the forum!

Did you have any personal items inside your Private vault? Or have they always been exclusively in your Primaire vault?

• bartvanoers
    bartvanoers
    Community Member

@ag_ana Everything personal is in my Primaire vault. My Private vault is empty.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@bartvanoers

Then yes, you should be same to remove the account. Do keep in mind, though, that if the Teams membership is what has been licensing your copy of 1Password up until now, you will have to address that upon removing it.

• bartvanoers
    bartvanoers
    Community Member

OK, clear. A couple of years ago I made an arrangement in case this happens, but of course I can't find it anymore.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Feel free to shoot us an email at support@1password.com if you need help with that. :)

This discussion has been closed.