One of my banking sites supplies an answer to a security question when I use 1PW with Chrome.

Options
gmj
gmj
Community Member

When I go to log in to my banking site using 1Password and a security question comes up, Chrome "suggests" the answer to this question. It has clearly stored this answer. This only happens in Chrome, not in Firefox.
I have not saved the security answers in 1 Password for this site, only my user name and password.

This does not feel very secure.
Please advise.

Comments

• PreCTANT
    PreCTANT
    Community Member
    Options

Could it be that when you set up those questions, you used that exact browser as well? If so, please read about [removing items from Google Autofill] (http://osxdaily.com/2018/07/20/how-delete-chrome-autofill-suggetsions/)!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gmj!

It certainly sounds like you might have saved this data in Chrome. @PreCTANT's guide should help you with that :)

I have not saved the security answers in 1 Password for this site, only my user name and password.
    This does not feel very secure.

Indeed, we recommend disabling your browser's autofill feature if you use 1Password. Please make sure that this feature is disabled in your Chrome browser so this doesn't happen again.

• gmj
    gmj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both so much. I think autofill is exactly what the problem was.

In Chrome in Autofill, I turned off "Save and Fill Addresses".

This appears to have taken care of it.
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @gmj! I am glad to hear that everything is sorted :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.