To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to change servers to 1password.eu?

Options
flensman
flensman
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Memberships

Hi,

when I created my test account, it was accidently on 1password.com. Due to GDPR (DSGVO) I want to use the servers located in germany, log in to 1password.eu, because I have a bunch of customers-logins. How can I change it? Or is it not possible?

Thx in advance
flensman

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1PW

Comments

• flensman
    flensman
    Community Member
    Options

More precisely:
    Can I change my account from 1password.com to 1password.eu? ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi @flensman!

Yes, you can switch over to 1Password.eu :) I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue and that my colleague Amy has been helping you over there already. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

ref: RYG-43672-274

• flensman
    flensman
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana ,
    but, I didn't get an answer mail to my question above, yet.

When I try to log in on 1password.eu, I have false log in data. After using the "Probleme beim Anmelden" button, I get
    "No account was found on 1password.eu for your email address..."

• Hi @flensman

As Ana mentioned we'll be in touch via email as soon as we can. Sorry for the delay.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019
    Options

For the benefit of anyone else who comes across this thread...

1Password.com is GDPR compliant. But if you'd like to switch to the 1Password.eu region you'd need to:

1. Sign up for a new membership: https://start.1password.eu/sign-up/plan
    2. Invite your family
    3. Re-create any shared vaults
    4. Have everyone move their data over (note: links between items will be lost): Move and copy items
    5. Contact our billing team to move any remaining credit from the old membership to the new: support+billing@1password.com
    6. (Optional) Delete the old membership: How to delete your 1Password account

If you are using an individual membership then you can skip steps 2 and 3. If you are within the trial period step 5 is not necessary so long as you cancel your subscription or delete the old membership.

AgileBits GDPR Compliance Statement | Legal | 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.