Firefox user name and password fill not working. 'control + period' does nothing. Help!

Hi community. 1password superfan here. Use it on multiple devices including my Android, tablets, apple devices. Love it.

I am, however, having an issue with my Windows 10 laptop and firefox. All latest software updates installed. I have removed and reinstalled the 1password firefox extension too.

When I am on a webpage and want 1pass to fill in fields, i click the little 1pass icon in the field and it prompts me to 'press control + period' to unlock or something to that extent but it never unlocks anything for me. Am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member

Hi @bacon612,

When you press "ctrl+." it should pop up the 1Password X window. It may not work because this key shortcut is already is taken.
    You can change it by clicking on the 1Password X extension --> click "Settings".

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Hi @bacon612,

Yulka1355 is right, please try to change the default shortcut to something else in Settings and check if it works for you after that.

Additionally, please tell us if you have different keyboard layouts on your side. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• bacon612
    bacon612
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I found the settings. In firefox>options>extensions and themes>1password, there is a settings 'gear'. In there gear submenu, there's an option to 'Manage Extension Shortcuts' Thanks everyone.

• I'm glad you've got it working, @bacon612! For the future, you can actually access 1Password X settings by right-clicking the extension icon in your toolbar. You can select settings right from there. Just a smidge easier than digging through Firefox options. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.