To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to switch over to EU side?

r2ne
r2ne
Community Member

I currently got a family account and loving 1Password but using 1password.com and I did not know 1password.eu was a thing before then, and with the new GDPR stuff and I am based in EU as well I would like to transfer my family account to the EU server and use 1password.eu is it possible for you guys to transfer my account over to .EU?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @r2ne

1Password.com is GDPR compliant. But if you'd like to switch to the 1Password.eu region you'd need to:

1. Sign up for a new membership: https://start.1password.eu/sign-up/plan
    2. Invite your family
    3. Re-create any shared vaults
    4. Have everyone move their data over (note: links between items will be lost): Move and copy items
    5. Contact our billing team to move any remaining credit from the old membership to the new: support+billing@1password.com
    6. (Optional) Delete the old membership: How to delete your 1Password account

AgileBits GDPR Compliance Statement | Legal | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• r2ne
    r2ne
    Community Member

Is there no way to swap my account to the 1password.eu side? Since it seems way more of a hassle :/ Plus the 1password.eu is not really known out in public from what I see otherwise I'd have signed up to that part from the start.

• @r2ne

There is no mechanism for moving a membership from one region to another at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience. You're welcome to continue using your membership on 1Password.com, or you can create a new one on 1Password.eu and migrate your data over.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.